- Read and follow all NoShark operating instructions and all manufacturer specifications, instructions, advice and requirements for use of this equipment before each use of the NoShark.
- Use the NoShark only in the ocean or open water way. DO NOT attempt to use the NoShark in a swimming pool or other closed environment.
- If you have any health condition such as a pacemaker epilepsy , pregnancy, or heart disease, consult with your physician before using the NoShark as there may a risk to you from using NoShark due to the electronic nature of the device.
- Your NoShark device emits electrical pulses. Sensitivity to these pulses varies from person to person. You may not experience any sensation or may feel pulses around your ankle. Do not touch the probes or handle your NoShark while it is activated. Only attach and detach your NoShark while it is deactivated and out of water.
- Use only manufacturer recommended compatible components.
- Examine and replace ANY defective, worn or deteriorated component parts of the NoShark.
- Examine all gear and equipment, including all fittings, buckles, snaps, or other fasteners before each use of any NoShark product.
- Use only those products designed for NoShark use.
- Do not exceed recommended or stated factors regarding safe use of the NoShark.
- Read and follow all warning labels, manuals, instructions, training or experience requirements and recommendations and all recognized NoShark use procedures on every occasion when you will be using the NoShark.
- Check and confirm that all batteries are fully loaded before each use of the NoShark.
- Be extremely careful and cautious. Review emergency procedures before each use. Do not be overconfident or inattentive concerning your activity in the water.
- Never attempt to use equipment packed, prepared, assembled or fitted by others. Know and examine your equipment before each use.
- Failure to read and follow any of the foregoing instructions can result in serious injury or death.
Participation in water sport activities, in particular ocean activities such as snorkeling or diving must be considered as presenting a high degree of risk for a participating whether the participant makes use of the NoShark system or not.
NoShark is intended to reduce the risk of an aggressive encounter with a shark. However, sharks are natural meat eating predators that must be considered extremely dangerous in any encounter. They are unpredictable animals and must always be treated as predators with extreme respect and caution.
Feeding sharks under any circumstances is discouraged because the NoShark or any other device may be rendered useless due to the frenzied environment created through feeding sharks.
Although the NoShark has undergone testing to confirm that it is an effective tool to deter sharks, it is impossible to guarantee that all sharks will be deterred by NoShark under all circumstances. NoShark will not provide any protection for the user from any other type of fish or marine animal.
NoShark has been tested to a depth of 150 feet below the water surface and has performed appropriately to such depths. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE NoShark AT ANY DEPTH DEEPER THAN 150 feet.
This Warranty shall be in lieu of any other warranty, express or implied. Implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited in duration to 60 days from the date of purchase. User understands that while NoShark is intended to protect against potentially harmful encounters with sharks, NoShark can not guarantee the manner in which a shark may behave under given circumstances. Accordingly any purchaser or user of the NoShark system agrees that in no event shall NoShark be deemed to be or held liable for personal injuries or for any other damages whether direct or consequential. The sole damages to which a purchaser or user of the NoShark system may seek or recover from NoShark, is the purchase price paid by the purchaser or user of the NoShark system for the product. This Warranty shall NOT apply and is terminated when any product contained in this catalog or any part thereof has been subjected to accident, alteration, abuse, and misuse, or where incompatible parts are used.
Note: Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
Any representations or promises inconsistent with or in addition to this Warranty are unauthorized and shall not be binding on NoShark’s manufacturer.